Sunday 20 July 2014

July : TFIOS, Haircut, Popping&Locking?



Jocelyn and I spontaneously watched The Fault In Our Stars just the other day. Like I woke up at 11.30am, checked the times and decided to go for the movie just an hour later. We both read the (e-)book and were really looking forward to watching the movie together. While she loved the book, I felt it was mehh. To be fair, I don't really read romance novels. I did, however, want to watch the movie and see if I'd cry or not (Plus the actors playing Gus and Isaac are cuuuuuuuute). The waterworks started about halfway through the movie. I teared up but Jocelyn, who is a crybaby at the movies, started tearing up and making weird whimpering sounds. Damn bising la, this girl at the movies. The other time we went to watch X-Men, she kept gasping and going 'Oh my God, Oh my God'. 

The movie was alright, I quite enjoyed it. I'm not one to analyse movies, either I enjoyed it or I didn't. Sometimes if you look too deep into something, you kinda spoil for yourself. 

That night, we went to play badminton with Yong! Sweated it out real good...and then we went for McD after to catch up and eat. Hahaha, way to waste a workout. 



I considered putting a giant cat face over mine, but ain't nobody got time for that. 




I also got a haircut the other day, while I accompanied Anlia to get her hair dyed. Now, I've always been reluctant to get my hair cut because hairdressers in Kuching are too damn snip-happy. They always cut off more than you ask for, especially when it comes to layering. In Form 3, I think, I had my hair layered and it came out all lala and apple-shaped, and I grew out and kept my hair one length ever since. 
Do hairdresser aunties ever give you exactly what you want? 

Circa 2009, something like this ^ ugh



So this are my Before and After shots. Kept the length pretty much, but had it long-layered. On  one hand, I feel as though the aunty layered and chopped off too much and the bottom layer is too thin now. On the other, my hair feels so much lighter and manageable - it used to be an absolute bitch to wash and dry my hair. 

I actually asked for this -___-


On ANOTHER hand (?), from the front, the layers are going like a 1000 different directions. Well, I guess I could fix that with a straightener or by blowdrying my hair inwards, but again, ain't nobody got time for that. I might just get sick of the layers and chop them all off again soon *shrugs*

Sent this snapchat to Chik, saying I cut my hair short again.

He actually loved it! And now I'm thinking...HMMMMM

After I got my haircut, I went to meet Joce, Yong and Chung Han for...wait for it...POPPING CLASS. Yes, I do mean popping as in popping and locking. It was Yong's idea to take some dance lessons for fun, which I'm totally on board for! Wasn't expecting popping class, but heck, why not, right. It was the funniest thing ever because our swag level is 0, and I'm pretty sure there were guys laughing at us. We totally sucked.

But hey, sucking at something is the first step to becoming sorta good at something. Some Adventure Time wisdom from Jake the Dog.

We're going for some trial classes to try out different types of dances before we settle on one we wanna take classes for. Up next? Maybe street jazz or hip hop. 




Aaaaand, she's gone. After 7 months of bumming out in Kuching together, Joce flew off to Singapore for good today :( 



No comments:

Post a Comment